Subversion managed home directory
Feel free to edit the list of requirements: Please move removed text to a 'discussion' section for later/possible defense.
Current Project Stage
- requirements gathering
- Write A tutorial
- Version Control system
- Subversion - looks good
- git & rsync - too much work?
- cvs - blah
- Symlink generation scripts
- create symlinks to . files redirected into subversion dot-file archive.
- Permissions warning scripts
- run this script to warn you of files that are in public repositories if they're new files.
- Encrypted directory support
- used for personal data that you'd keep encrypted anyway
- /etc/ tie-in
- Tie in rsync directories that aren't in the repository.
- used for backing up media (video, images, music, art, etc).
- outside of project scope?
- Provide scripts for creating multiple subversion directories
- use a config file for deciding permissions & names
- Create a 'boilerplate' schema to setup a default layout and recommended permission for each.
- Help to make sure files are organized in the most portable method possible
- Script for rsync backing of the subversion repository to external host
- There have been comments that subversion's database/filesystem is flaky at times.
- Scripts for subversion repository backing to CD/DVD
- Scripts to handle check in/out automatically
- should work as a cron and/or upon login/logout
- Scripts should work on Linux, BSD, Mac OSX, Windows (?)
- Repository should have a light-weight checkout method
- Some users don't have install authority to fully install svn
- rsync slaves with read-only permissions might work but there are problems with ssh